I just wanted to let everyone know the story of The Wright Hair. I am fairly new to blogging about hair but I have been doing my little girls hairstyles since the day my oldest daughter was born. The first thing out of the doctors mouth was I hope you ordered a girl full of hair. When my 2nd daughter arrived we were not so lucky with the hair genes. She has thin short hair. It was with the frustrations I had trying to do my 2nd ones hair that I decided to start this blog. I figured if I struggled this much there must be others struggling too. I am a working mom and getting my girls ready every morning is the best time of the day for me. This is a time we get to bond without other distractions. Right now my girls and I are enjoying our time together. I am sure it will only be a short time before my oldest wants to do her own hair. But for now we invite you to join us on the Wrights Journey through hair. Because of being a working mom, sometimes we will do fancy dos and sometimes quick dos, other times the do's are dont's but we welcome everyone to come along for the ride.

Thursday

A Powerful Message!

I just recently received this email below.  I was so touched by this that I wanted to share it with everyone else.  There is nothing in this world more important than making our kids feel good about themselves.  In "normal" circumstances it is the mother that takes on the roll to teach our kids about hygiene.  This story below goes beyond the normal.  The email is from a single dad and I applaud him for caring about his daughter so much.

Here is the email
My name is Josh and i am a single dad with custody of my 6 year old daughter. I enjoy doing her hair at first i did simple single braids and even curled it almost to perfection which took two and half hours each time, it looked so awesome. I want to thank you for your blog before i found it i ran out of creativity and ideas with what to do with her hair.


It ended up down quite a few days this school year which she likes but it is so fun when i do her hair because of her excitement and how proud she is to tell everyone i did it for her. As much as i would like to curl her hair everyday it is just not feasible with the time not to mention the damage it would do. Your site has given me so many ideas and concepts to do her hair.

Thank you,

3 comments:

  1. That is so dang cute! What an awesome Dad and what a lucky little girl! Thanks Amber for being an inspiration to everyone! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so touching! That beautiful little girl will always remember how much love and attention her Daddy put into her hair. I know that makes her feel so special. The world needs more Dads like Josh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a neat letter. What a sweet man.

    ReplyDelete