I just wanted to let everyone know the story of The Wright Hair. I am fairly new to blogging about hair but I have been doing my little girls hairstyles since the day my oldest daughter was born. The first thing out of the doctors mouth was I hope you ordered a girl full of hair. When my 2nd daughter arrived we were not so lucky with the hair genes. She has thin short hair. It was with the frustrations I had trying to do my 2nd ones hair that I decided to start this blog. I figured if I struggled this much there must be others struggling too. I am a working mom and getting my girls ready every morning is the best time of the day for me. This is a time we get to bond without other distractions. Right now my girls and I are enjoying our time together. I am sure it will only be a short time before my oldest wants to do her own hair. But for now we invite you to join us on the Wrights Journey through hair. Because of being a working mom, sometimes we will do fancy dos and sometimes quick dos, other times the do's are dont's but we welcome everyone to come along for the ride.

Tuesday

Sponge Curlers


My new work schedule has changed a lot lately so our hairstyles have gotten really simple.  I bathed my daughter the other night and she asked for curlers put in her hair.  I use sponge curlers since I think they are easier to sleep in.

To get big curls I made large parts and wrapped them tightly around the curlers.
When she woke up the next morning I took a blow dryer to make sure all the hair was dry.
Shown below I took one curler out to show the large curls these made.
Take out all of the curlers
She asked for a ribbon headband.  Since we all know these don't stay in all day by themselves.  I took a small amount of hair just above each ear and singled it out.  Then place the ribbon behind that hair.  Pull the small amount of hair that was left out across the ribbon and take another small amount of hair on the opposite side of the ribbon and secure with an elastic. (SHOWN BELOW).
Take both sides of the hair and secure together at the base of her head.

7 comments:

  1. very cute. I remember foam roller days WELL! This is how my hair looks in almost all of my school pictures. and any other fancy occasion! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to let you know I got my sidewinder hairholders yesterday. I can't wait to try them out this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does her hair actually hold the curl? I used to put sponge curlers in my daughter's hair almost every night (before I had other kids and life got so crazy--lol), but when her hair got longer and thicker, it never dried overnight. I even tried the blowdryer in the morning, but it still doesn't dry all the way through to the bottom of the hair. I've tried several times since then thinking maybe it was just too wet or something, but I still haven't had any luck. I do put them in my younger daughter's hair every couple of weeks, and it turns out adorable, but it only works on her hair because her hair is shorter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. is the hair supposed to be wet or damp when first starting?

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the look, but where can u get the sponge curlers?
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what kind of sponge curlers do u use? what brand? what are they called?

    ReplyDelete