I just wanted to let everyone know the story of The Wright Hair. I am fairly new to blogging about hair but I have been doing my little girls hairstyles since the day my oldest daughter was born. The first thing out of the doctors mouth was I hope you ordered a girl full of hair. When my 2nd daughter arrived we were not so lucky with the hair genes. She has thin short hair. It was with the frustrations I had trying to do my 2nd ones hair that I decided to start this blog. I figured if I struggled this much there must be others struggling too. I am a working mom and getting my girls ready every morning is the best time of the day for me. This is a time we get to bond without other distractions. Right now my girls and I are enjoying our time together. I am sure it will only be a short time before my oldest wants to do her own hair. But for now we invite you to join us on the Wrights Journey through hair. Because of being a working mom, sometimes we will do fancy dos and sometimes quick dos, other times the do's are dont's but we welcome everyone to come along for the ride.

Wednesday

Make it or Break it Lauren's Latest Style


Lauren's Hairstyles are so cute and so much fun to recreate. So here goes another one.


Because my daughter has a lot of hair but it is thin I made a part the same as if I was going to pull the sides up. I am going to start the braid on her left side so I left a small amount of hair on the right side and pulled it into a ponytail so it won't be braided with the rest.

To start this braid pull the hair up and start braiding at the corner of her eye. (This hairstyle is difficult to do on yourself so find someone that could help you with the braid.
The french braid needs to start out tight but after you have it started then make a loose braid across the top. Stop the braid on the opposite side about to the end of the right eye. I used an elastic to secure the french braid.

Take the remaining hair on the side of her head and pull it up towards were your ponytail will be. This hair is going to cover the end of the braid. When I had the back complete I took a comb and made the front with a little bit more poof pulling and loosening some of the hair.





If you need help or better clarification on this style please ask.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE all the Lauren hairstyles....THANK YOU!!!! My daughter loves going to gymnastics with her latest "Lauren" do!!!! Would you consider putting a "Lauren" tab under your categories???? Thank you for sharing your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey
    im just wondering with this hairstyle how you get the braid to stay still while putting up the ponytail? i've used a hairtie but that was impossible to remove once the ponytail was up and tried bobbypins with a bit more success
    thank you
    mikayla

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very cool hairstyle, and i have a gymnastics meet tomorrow and i need something to do with my hair hopefully we can work it out haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. A youtube video would be awsome!

    ReplyDelete